- 12/10/2014: Professor Andreas Giger (Louisiana State University) has been awarded a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities for his project “Ruggero Leoncavallo’s 1892 Opera Pagliacci: A Critical Edition with Commentary and Historical Introduction.”
- 4/25/2013: Joshua Neumann (University of Florida) has received a Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) award for study in Italy. During June and July 2013, he will be conducting research at the Giacomo Puccini Centre in Viareggio. Joshua has also received the University of Florida’s D’Albora Scholarship for “an overall record of accomplishment in music, with excellence in one or more of the following areas: music performance, composition, research, or grade point average.” Finally, he has been appointed student representative to AMS’s Membership and Professional Development Committee.
- 3/4/2013: In November 2012, Professor Margaret Butler (University of Florida) received subventions from the AMS in support of the publication of two of her articles (one in JAMS and one in Early Music).
- 9/4/2012: Timothy Love (Louisiana State University) has received a Graduate Fellowship for International Study from the Institute for International Education (IIE). Tim’s receipt of this nationally competitive grant will allow him to spend nine months pursuing archival research in Ireland for his dissertation, which concerns the role of traditional music in nineteenth-century Irish politics.
- 5/20/2012: Professor Valerie Goertzen (Loyola University) is the first recipient of the Edward J. Kvet Distinguished Professorship in Music and Fine Arts, which will provide funding for travel, research, and projects relating to teaching for the next five years.
- 5/11/2012: Professor Andreas Giger (Louisiana State University) has been recognized with LSU’s Distinguished Faculty Award.
- 8/15/2011: Professor Alice Clark (Loyola University) is the inaugural recipient of the American Musicological Society’s teaching award.
Tribute on Loyola’s Web site
Please send any news about accomplishments, awards, or honors to Andreas Giger.